“This cranberry-studded treat is low in fat but high on flavor,” writes Lori Waites from Frankenmuth, Michigan. “Because it freezes so well, I always double the recipe!”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat granola
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg white and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Break apart any large pieces of granola; stir granola and cranberries into dough.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle; place each on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Granola Biscotti in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p39
Reviews for Granola Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review