In Regina, Saskatchewan, Angela Agarand’s family relies on this recipe for a quick snack any time of day. For an out-the-door “power breakfast,” however, enjoy the bars with low-fat yogurt, fresh fruit and juice.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups Mueslix cereal with raisins, dates and almonds
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add honey; mix
- well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; pat down evenly.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool
- completely before removing from pan. Cut into squares. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 144 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.