In Regina, Saskatchewan, Angela Agarand’s family relies on this recipe for a quick snack any time of day. For an out-the-door “power breakfast,” however, enjoy the bars with low-fat yogurt, fresh fruit and juice.
- 1-1/4 cups Mueslix cereal with raisins, dates and almonds
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add honey; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; pat down evenly.
- Bake at 300° for 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool completely before removing from pan. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 bars.
Originally published as Granola Bars in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p57
Reviews for Granola Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2016
"Just pulled them from the oven, smells awesome. I have been looking for a granola bar that is not a cookie. I left out the chocolate chips and added pecans, what I had. Thanks Angela for a great recipe, very versatile ."