Granola Banana Sticks
My daughter and I won an award at our local fair for these peanut-butter-and-granola bananas. I like to assemble the ingredients ahead for my kids to whip up when they get home from school. Sometimes we substitute rice cereal as a crunchy alternative to the granola bars. -Diane Toomey, Allentown, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars, crushed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar
- and milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Peel bananas and cut in half widthwise; insert a Popsicle stick into
- one end of each banana half. Spoon peanut butter mixture over
- bananas to coat completely. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately
- or place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.