Granola Banana Sticks Recipe
My daughter and I won an award at our local fair for these peanut-butter-and-granola bananas. I like to assemble the ingredients ahead for my kids to whip up when they get home from school. Sometimes we substitute rice cereal as a crunchy alternative to the granola bars. -Diane Toomey, Allentown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars, crushed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Peel bananas and cut in half widthwise; insert a Popsicle stick into one end of each banana half. Spoon peanut butter mixture over bananas to coat completely. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately or place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 353 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC