My daughter and I won an award at our local fair for these peanut-butter-and-granola bananas. I like to assemble the ingredients ahead for my kids to whip up when they get home from school. Sometimes we substitute rice cereal as a crunchy alternative to the granola bars. -Diane Toomey, Allentown, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars, crushed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Peel bananas and cut in half widthwise; insert a Popsicle stick into one end of each banana half. Spoon peanut butter mixture over bananas to coat completely. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately or place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Granola Banana Sticks in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p31
Reviews for Granola Banana Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review