- Transfer to a greased 9-in.-square. baking pan. Bake at 325° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Place on a wire rack.
- For caramel sauce, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and
- cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- butter and vanilla until smooth. Serve with warm cake. Top with
- whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with about 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without whipped cream) equals 497 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 83 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.