Grandpa's Party Potatoes
This casserole from Mary Kay Elert of St. Paul Park, Minnesota will please even the pickiest eaters. "My grandpa, who gave me the recipe to me, liked the way the cream cheese and onion dip created a wonderful velvety texture. I often assemble it the night before, then pop it in the oven the next day," she details.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper until
- smooth. Add cream cheese and onion dip; mix well.
- Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.