Grandpa's Party Potatoes Recipe
This potato casserole will please even the pickiest eaters. My grandpa, who gave the recipe to me, liked the way the cream cheese and onion dip created a wonderful velvety texture. I often assemble it the night before, then pop it in the oven the next day. —Mary Kay Elert, St. Paul Park, Minnesota
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cream cheese and onion dip; mix well.
- 2. Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC