Grandpa's Party Potatoes Recipe
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cream cheese and onion dip; mix well.
- Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Grandpa's Party Potatoes
Sort By :
I have found with most of the day-before potato recipes that the amounts of extra ingredients (sour cream, onion dip, cream cheese, etc.) are just fine regardless of how many extra potatoes are used - I have used sometimes a ten-lb. bag of potatoes without adjusting the other ingredient amts. and still get the full extra good flavor - I think making the day prior and leaving overnight in the refrigerator is what distributes the flavors real well.
I found this recipe in one of the Taste of Home Thanksgiving magazines. It called for 8 - 9 cups of potatoes. I measured out 2 - 1/2 lbs of potatoes using a kitchen scale. The consistency of the final product turned out slightly thinner than what I like, so next time I will measure out 3 lbs. Other than that, the potatoes were excellent! Loved the taste the french dip added to them. A new favorite for me & my family!
Our family loves this! It is so easy to make and a great dish to have when company comes over.
This was excellent. No leftovers on this dish.
I made this for a dinner party and the men went crazy over it. Probably loaded with calories but certainly impresses. Very easy too since I could make the day before and pop it in the oven an hour before we eat.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >