Grandpa's Party Potatoes Recipe
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Add cream cheese and onion dip; mix well.
- Spread in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Grandpa's Party Potatoes
Sort By :
"My family of 12 LOVES these"
"I have found with most of the day-before potato recipes that the amounts of extra ingredients (sour cream, onion dip, cream cheese, etc.) are just fine regardless of how many extra potatoes are used - I have used sometimes a ten-lb. bag of potatoes without adjusting the other ingredient amts. and still get the full extra good flavor - I think making the day prior and leaving overnight in the refrigerator is what distributes the flavors real well."
"I found this recipe in one of the Taste of Home Thanksgiving magazines. It called for 8 - 9 cups of potatoes. I measured out 2 - 1/2 lbs of potatoes using a kitchen scale. The consistency of the final product turned out slightly thinner than what I like, so next time I will measure out 3 lbs. Other than that, the potatoes were excellent! Loved the taste the french dip added to them. A new favorite for me & my family!"
"Our family loves this! It is so easy to make and a great dish to have when company comes over."
"This was excellent. No leftovers on this dish."