- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- In several large bowls, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, water and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three rolls; wrap with plastic wrap. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Grandpa's Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p64
Reviews for Grandpa's Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review