Grandmother's Orange Salad Recipe
Perfect for spring, this gelatin salad is slightly sweet and tangy, too. It adds beautiful color to any meal and appeals to appetites of all ages! When the weather starts turning warm, this cool, fruity salad is just right. —Ann Eastman Greenville, California
TOTAL TIME: PrepP 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1. Drain oranges and pineapple, reserving juices. Set oranges and pineapple aside. Add water to juices to measure 2 cups. Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil; pour over gelatin in a large bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in sherbet until smooth.
- 2. Chill until partially set (watch carefully). Fold in oranges, pineapple and bananas. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 161 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC