Grandmother's Meat Loaf
My grandmother gave me this recipe many years ago. The buttery flavor of the crushed crackers is what gives this meat loaf the special taste that our family says is best!—Etta Winter, Pavilion, New York
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Onion rings, optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt,
- sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well.
- press mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Garnish with green pepper and
- onion rings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.