Grandmother's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Onion rings, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt, sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. press mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Garnish with green pepper and onion rings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Grandmother's Meat Loaf
"My kids (who are not fans of Meat Loaf) ate every bit of it. This was one of the best, basic Meat Loaf Recipes I have made. The flavor of the crackers is wonderful!"
"This recipe has got to be the best I've ever tried. It is an easy, basic meatloaf that is also very moist & tasty. This is definately a keeper."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.