Grandmother's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Onion rings, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt, sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. press mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Garnish with green pepper and onion rings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Grandmother's Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.