My grandmother gave me this recipe many years ago. The buttery flavor of the crushed crackers is what gives this meat loaf the special taste that our family says is best!—Etta Winter, Pavilion, New York
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoonground sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- Green pepper rings, optional
- Onion rings, optional
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt, sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. press mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Garnish with green pepper and onion rings if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Favorite Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grandmother's Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review