Grandmother's Hamburger Stew Recipe
My grandmother gave me this recipe, so it always brings back warm memories.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2 tablespoons uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, potato, carrot, rice, salt if desired and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40-45 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC