- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and parsley; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add a small amount of hot soup to sour cream. Gradually return all to pan, stirring constantly. Heat through but do not boil. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Grandmother's Chowder
Sort By :
"The only changes I made weres using McCormicks "Monreal Steak" seasoning in the meat mixture and then added a little bit of salt, and I added baby carrots and chives for color. I didn't have 12 potatoes, so I used 8, and seems to be plenty. This soup is out of this world good - we're serving it to company tonight with a salad and homemade rolls! This one is definitely a keeper!"