- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water in a large
- saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the
- pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; gently stir in lemon juice and butter. Serve
- with bread pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 344 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.