- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg, then applesauce. Combine the flour, wheat germ, oats, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten slightly with a glass bottom coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Grandma's Wheat Germ Cookies in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p19
Reviews for Grandma's Wheat Germ Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2013