- Roasted turkey drippings
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Saute shallot in reserved fat in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, onion powder, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until browned (do not burn). Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Grandma's Turkey Gravy
Sort By :
"mine was eggy as well. I'm a good cook, Have no idea what happened, there wasn't a firm enough texture, like cheese cake. I thought it was awful"
"Easy, fast and tasty"
"This was an excellent gravy made with the Happy Orange Turkey in the same issue."