- Roasted turkey drippings
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/4 cup. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Saute shallot in reserved fat in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour, salt, onion powder, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until browned (do not burn). Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Grandma's Turkey Gravy in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p46
Reviews for Grandma's Turkey Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2014
mine was eggy as well. I'm a good cook, Have no idea what happened, there wasn't a firm enough texture, like cheese cake. I thought it was awful
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2013
Easy, fast and tasty
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
This was an excellent gravy made with the Happy Orange Turkey in the same issue.