Grandma's Tea Cakes
When I was a child, these golden cookies were a special treat from my grandmother, who often invited me to tea parties at her house. Now when I make these cookies. I remember those warm special times.
33 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and extract; beat
- well. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on lightly greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly
- browned (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute on pan before removing to a
- wire rack. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
If Cooking for Two: Cookies can be frozen in heavy-duty freezer bags or other airtight containers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.