- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut butter over top; cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Tandy Kake
Sort By :
"Made this for my husband to take to work...was gone in no time...guys loved it...they said he was one lucky man....this is much better than another tandy cake recipe I have....."
"This recipe is terrible! The cake is dry and it falls apart! I DO NOT RECOMMEND"
"Made this for a luncheon on Monday. Yellow cake part Ok but not the best a little dense. Watched closely while baking. Also found the peanut butter dominated could hardly taste any chocolate. So all in all just average wouldn't make on a regular basis."
"Easy and delicious. I dropped spoonful peanut butter on warm cake as others had suggested and used dark chocolate candy. It turned out beautifully. I will be making this again."
"This recipes sounds great - has anyone tried it as a jelly roll? If not feasible I'll certainly make it as shown, can't wait! (PS there should really be a place we can ask questions without having to rate the recipe we haven't made yet because doing so simply skews the rating. Just a suggestion!)"