- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut butter over top; cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Tandy Kake
"This cake was amazing! It tastes exactly like the original Kandy Kake! I wouldn't change a thing to the recipe at all! I had NONE of the issues other reviewers had at all.The only thing I have to do for my pan is use lard or butter because everything tends to stick to it. Cooking spray didn't let the cake release very well but that was MY PAN, not the recipe. If you have a pan like mine, that's my suggestion to help you with this awesome cake!"
"Haven't tried this recipe yet...However, I thought it very important to mention, please if you're going to put a jar of peanut butter in a microwave, make sure you've removed every scrap of foil from the jar or you WILL have fireworks!"
"Made this for my husband to take to work...was gone in no time...guys loved it...they said he was one lucky man....this is much better than another tandy cake recipe I have....."
"This recipe is terrible! The cake is dry and it falls apart! I DO NOT RECOMMEND"