- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut butter over top; cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Tandy Kake
Sort By :
"Made this for a luncheon on Monday. Yellow cake part Ok but not the best a little dense. Watched closely while baking. Also found the peanut butter dominated could hardly taste any chocolate. So all in all just average wouldn't make on a regular basis."
"Easy and delicious. I dropped spoonful peanut butter on warm cake as others had suggested and used dark chocolate candy. It turned out beautifully. I will be making this again."
"This recipes sounds great - has anyone tried it as a jelly roll? If not feasible I'll certainly make it as shown, can't wait! (PS there should really be a place we can ask questions without having to rate the recipe we haven't made yet because doing so simply skews the rating. Just a suggestion!)"
"When we moved from Nj to Ky we lost all tastycake rights I've had this same recipe since 1988 . It is just like the real thing!!!"
"I was disappointed in this cake overall. The cake itself was on the dry side. The peanut butter added to the dryness to the point that I had to have milk just to wash it down. We are peanut butter lovers in my family, so I had higher hopes for this recipe."