Grandma's Tandy Kake
My grandmother made this for all our family gatherings. Everyone loves it now I make it for every party we attend or host. —John Morgan III, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.+ chilling
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until
- thick and lemon-colored. Beat in milk and vanilla. In another bowl,
- combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture
- and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack. Spread peanut
- butter over top; cool completely.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate
- and butter; stir until smooth. Gently spread over peanut butter.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Yield: 24 servings.