With summer fast approaching, we look forward to a bonanza of fresh vegetables. There's nothing like a large bowl of fresh veggies to perk up a summer meal. This is one of our favorites.
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sunflower kernels, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini and onion; set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, sugar and salt if desired to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Sweet-Sour Veggies in Country April/May 1999, p51
Reviews for Grandma's Sweet-Sour Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"very good and easy for any party.great summer dish"