With summer fast approaching, we look forward to a bonanza of fresh vegetables. There's nothing like a large bowl of fresh veggies to perk up a summer meal. This is one of our favorites.
- 3 cups cauliflowerets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sunflower kernels, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini and onion; set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring vinegar, sugar and salt if desired to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Sweet-Sour Veggies in Country April/May 1999, p51
Reviews for Grandma's Sweet-Sour Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
"very good and easy for any party.great summer dish"