Grandma's Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
"The recipe for these mild-tasting biscuits was my grandmother's," says Nancy Daugherty from Cortland, Ohio. "They're a family favorite that we always serve at Thanksgiving.
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, mash the sweet potatoes and milk. Add to the crumb mixture just until combined.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Sweet Potato Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC