Grandma's Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Gradually add oil and milk, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Press into a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 407 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Strawberry Pie
"I thought it tasted to fake strawberry(probably because of jello). Also it didn't set up well."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.