- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a very large greased bowl, turning once to
- grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
- 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Knead fruit mixture
- into dough (knead in more flour if necessary). Divide into fourths.
- Roll each portion into a 10-in. x 8-in. oval. Fold a long side over
- to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edges lightly to seal. Place
- on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 4 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 220 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.