- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or evaporated milk
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- For crust, combine flour, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Cut in the butter, egg yolks and vanilla until crumbly. Press mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine filling ingredients; pour over crust. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy. Spread over filling and bake for 10-12 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Spring and Summer Torte in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p88
Reviews for Grandma's Spring and Summer Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review