Grandma's Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and celery seed.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, layer half of the spinach, onion, mushrooms and eggs. Repeat layers. Top with bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 272 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Grandma's Spinach Salad
"This s the best salad by far. I work for a retirement community and the residents just really enjoy this salad. I've made this countless times and its always great! Thanks for sharing."
"Haven't tried this, but looks very good! Needs bacon, RED onion, fresh mushrooms, and fresh baby spinach"