- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 13 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Whisk first four ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- In a 13x9-in. dish, layer half of each of the following: spinach, onion, mushrooms and eggs. Repeat layers. Drizzle with dressing; top with bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Spinach Salad
"This s the best salad by far. I work for a retirement community and the residents just really enjoy this salad. I've made this countless times and its always great! Thanks for sharing."
"Haven't tried this, but looks very good! Needs bacon, RED onion, fresh mushrooms, and fresh baby spinach"