This was my grandma’s favorite salad. It’s colorful and has a sweet-sour blend to tempt any taste buds. Even my kids like it (don’t tell them spinach is good for them)! With the increasing popularity of spinach, more farmers in our state are growing this crop than ever before.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, vinegar and celery seed.
- In a large salad bowl, layer half of the spinach, onion, mushrooms and eggs. Repeat layers. Top with bacon. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Spinach Salad in Country August/September 2006, p49
Reviews for Grandma's Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review