Grandma's Scalloped Corn Recipe
"This is a recipe near and dear to my heart," Connie Hoffa, from Okatie, South Carolina says about this colorful, comforting dish. "Even today, it's a favorite with our grown children."
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 2/3 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Stir in the corn, milk, saltines, cheese, eggs and salt.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 952 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC