Grandma's Rosemary Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup canola oil
- EGG WASH:
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Place the flour, sugar, 2 teaspoons rosemary and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add the warm milk, egg and yeast mixture; cover and pulse 10 times or until almost blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil just until dough pulls away from sides and begins to form a ball. Process 2 minutes longer to knead dough (dough will be very soft).
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 12 balls. Roll each into a 15-in. rope. Starting at one end, loosely wrap dough around itself to form a coil. Tuck end under; pinch to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and milk; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Grandma's Rosemary Dinner Rolls(1)
Sort By :
I would make this recipe again AND I forwarded the recipe to my fellow bread makers! I did have to use dried rosemary but I just used a little less. I also sprinkled sea salt on top of the rolls with the rosemary after the egg wash. Excellent! Even the kids loved them.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Rolls >
- Easter Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Rolls >