Grandma's Rice Pudding
My sisters and I always loved the rice pudding our grandma made. After Grandma passed away, I took it upon myself to try and find the secret to her pudding. It took quite a bit of experimentation, but I finally got it right! And I'm glad to share it here.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional milk, optional
- Place rice and raisins in a greased 1-qt. casserole. In a small bowl,
- whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg; pour over rice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
- inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Pour milk over each
- serving if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 197 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.