Grandma's Rice Dish Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, corn, olives, bacon and seasonings; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese until melted.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Toss bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Rice Dish
Sort By :
This was horrible. The bread crumbs made it that much worse. Don't waste the ingredients like I did.
I love this recipe. It is a good family favorite. I generally add 1 can of rinsed canned black beans to the mix. It is delicious! It tastes like the dishes that I was served in Brazil.
This recipe was okay but lacked that wow factor. I did not top with the bread crumbs and butter but I like the idea from Texas Cookie of using a cracker crumb topping. I used fresh tomatoes as a topping because my family loves them.
Extremely tasty comfort food. We used extra sharp cheese and a cracker crumb top but otherwise stuck to the recipe. For those who prefer something spicier I would suggest a little more chili powder or perhaps some Ro*tel tomatoes instead of the plain ones called for; it would be an easy fix.
This is pretty good but nothing i'd make too often. A little bit bland.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >