- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to
- cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until
- thickened and opaque. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat
- in cornstarch mixture. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat
- until frosting is light and fluffy. Spread frosting between layers
- and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 590 calories, 34 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.