Grandma's Poultry Dressing Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup milk
- 7 cups coarse dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt to taste
- In a large skillet, brown sausage. Drain and discard drippings. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a large bowl, combine sausage, milk and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 cups (makes enough to stuff a medium-size turkey).
Reviews for Grandma's Poultry Dressing(10)
Sort By :
My mom has been making this for over 40 years. It's the best! The sausage is what makes it so delicious!
I use seasoned bread cubes, butter instead of milk and diced apple. Thanks for the warm reminder of my mom :)
I haven't tasted this, but sausage meat in stuffing? yes, and it is traditional. I should know, I'm British and we were eating stuffing before you lot :P I'd add sage to that too.
In defense of the sausage, I have a copy of a recipe from back when Carter was president. It was their traditional Thanksgiving stuffing that always included sausage. And it tasted delicious.
Going to make in addition to my regular family favorite. Sounds amazing!!!