Grandma's Potato Salad Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 5 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Potato Salad(7)
Sort By :
I use this recipe whenever I make potato salad. I use regular Idaho potatoes with the skin on, and it always turns out fantastic. The key is to let it sit in the refrig so that the flavors marry. Tastes best the next day, but sometimes I just can't wait!
This has become my go to recipe for potato salad. I made this over the holiday and everyone loved it! The flavors are wonderful. I even used low fat mayo and low fat sour cream and it was perfect.
I doubled the recipe on this one and used a dozen eggs. It was one of the most delicious potato salads I have ever eaten!
I will add more eggs next time.
Delicious! I've gotten many requests for this recipe! Highly recommend!