Grandma's Orange Milk Sherbet
My dear grandma made this sherbet for my birthday party in the 1930's. She squeezed whole oranges to get the juice for it. I often double the recipe...it's so refreshing on a hot summer day.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form
- around sides of pan. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice and sugar thoroughly. Stir in
- milk. Transfer to an 11x7-in. dish; freeze until mushy.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and whip. Add pineapple and juices. Return
- to dish and freeze. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 97 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 23 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.