Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
“This is our family’s very favorite cookie. I’ve never tasted any like it! They freeze well, too.” —Susanne Spicker, North Ogden, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 2 cups raisins, chopped
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts and raisins.
- 3. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass. Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 134 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC