Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cup shortening
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Additional granulated sugar or colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts.
- 2. On a surface sprinkled with additional sugar or colored sugar, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with desired cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
2 each: 128 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Grandma's Oatmeal Cookies
"Great quick cookie! Absolutely adorable...."
"These are wonderful. A definite keeper. They are soft a chewy, not hard. I halved it because I knew I'd eat them all. Now I need to make more."