Grandma's Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 231 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Grandma's Meat Loaf
"Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.