Grandma's Meat Loaf
We love Grandma's version of meat loaf so much that we have it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easterthe holidays wouldn't be the same without it! It's just as good the next day, as a cold sandwich.Joan Frey, Spencer, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese,
- seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a
- shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 231 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.