- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grandma's Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor."