We love Grandma's version of meat loaf so much that we have it at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter—the holidays wouldn't be the same without it! It's just as good the next day, as a cold sandwich.—Joan Frey, Spencer, Ohio
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p28
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grandma's Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2010
"Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor."