- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Grandma's Meat Loaf
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious. I'll definitely make it again. I added a tbsp. worcester sauce and used season bread crumbs and Hickory snoked bacon. Great flavor.