Grandma's Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheeses and Worcestershire sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Fold in macaroni.
- 2. Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 474 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Grandma's Mac and Cheese
"This was good. I did add onion and canned milk since I did not have enough milk on hand. Thanks for the recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.