"Here's a must-have for any cheese lover's recipe box," promises Melissa Bower from Carbondale, Illinois. "The creamy side dish is easy to make and gets rave reviews from everyone who tastes it."
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheeses and Worcestershire sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Mac and Cheese in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grandma's Mac and Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review