“This is from a collection of family recipes. My granddaughter, Riley, likes that it tastes like lemons, but is sweet. It’s always moist and wonderful.”—Phyllis Harmon Nelson, Wisconsin
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds. Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p52
Reviews for Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review