Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
“This is from a collection of family recipes. My granddaughter, Riley, likes that it tastes like lemons, but is sweet. It’s always moist and wonderful.”—Phyllis Harmon Nelson, Wisconsin
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and
- oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fold in poppy seeds. Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water
- and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 320 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium,