Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
“This is from a collection of family recipes. My granddaughter, Riley, likes that it tastes like lemons, but is sweet. It’s always moist and wonderful.”—Phyllis Harmon Nelson, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds. Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 320 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC