- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds. Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
"My husband prefers the from scratch cake recipe that I make for him, but he enjoys this cake too. It is easy to make and has a good lemon flavor. I have also used a lemon frosting instead of the glaze."
"Quick and easy but way too much icing. You could halve it and have plenty."
"Great! For the drizzle I poke holes in cake just out of the oven and pour on. I don't use water in my drizzle."
"this cake is awesome if u like lemon you will love this cake , a must make for everybody"
"I have made many lemon poppy seed breads, cakes etc but this one is amazing and easy...I made this recipe muffin form and my husband went crazy..a new favorite for him..."