Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds. Transfer to a greased and floured 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and lemon juice; drizzle over cake. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Grandma's Lemon Poppy Seed Cake(16)
Sort By :
Great! For the drizzle I poke holes in cake just out of the oven and pour on. I don't use water in my drizzle.
this cake is awesome if u like lemon you will love this cake , a must make for everybody
I have made many lemon poppy seed breads, cakes etc but this one is amazing and easy...I made this recipe muffin form and my husband went crazy..a new favorite for him...
good - simple
This cake is deliciously moist inside with a lightly crisp outside. We like to make it in a bundt pan best.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Lemon Cake >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >