Grandma's Honey Muffins
I can remember my Grandma Wheeler making these delicious muffins—we'd eat them nice and warm, fresh from the oven! She was a "pinch of this" and "handful of that" kind of cook, so getting the ingredient amounts correct for the recipe was a challenge. Now it's a family treasure! —Darlis A. Wilfer, West Bend, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar,
- baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, butter
- and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake
- 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 182 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.