Grandma's Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple,pears, peaches and grapes. Cover and chill.
- 2. Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Whisk in pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 3. Slice bananas into a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice; gently toss to coast. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add bananas and cherries to chilled fruit. Add cooled pudding; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 cup per serving.
1/2 cup: 140 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 fruit
Reviews for Grandma's Fruit Salad
"i followed the recipe as written and it is very good. You can certainly mix and match your fruits without fear of messing it up."
"I have made this salad several times and it is easy and wonderful! :)"
"This is my family's favorite fruit salad."
"I love the dressing for this fruit salad!"