Grandma's Fruit Salad Recipe
"I can't believe how easy this pretty salad is to make," says Carolyn Tomatz of Jackson, Wisconsin. The colorful blend of bananas, pineapple, pears and peaches and grapes is tossed with a creamy pudding sauce. "People of all ages enjoy this dish," Carolyn notes.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple,pears, peaches and grapes. Cover and chill.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Whisk in pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Slice bananas into a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice; gently toss to coast. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add bananas and cherries to chilled fruit. Add cooled pudding; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 cup per serving.
Originally published as Grandma's Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p42
Reviews for Grandma's Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2012
I have made this salad several times and it is easy and wonderful! :)
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2012
This is my family's favorite fruit salad.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
I love the dressing for this fruit salad!
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >