Grandma's Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, well drained
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple,pears, peaches and grapes. Cover and chill.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Pour into a small saucepan. Whisk in pudding mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Slice bananas into a small bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice; gently toss to coast. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add bananas and cherries to chilled fruit. Add cooled pudding; toss gently to combine. Refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings, 1/2 cup per serving.
Reviews for Grandma's Fruit Salad
Sort By :
i followed the recipe as written and it is very good. You can certainly mix and match your fruits without fear of messing it up.
I have made this salad several times and it is easy and wonderful! :)
This is my family's favorite fruit salad.
I love the dressing for this fruit salad!
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >